Citizenship Services

What Service Do You Require?

If you are over the age of 18, were born to a U.S. citizen parent or parents, and believe that you have a claim to U.S. citizenship, please review this website for more information on U.S. nationality law.

To renounce U.S. citizenship, find more information here at

Children of U.S. citizens born abroad may acquire U.S. citizenship if they meet requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).  For more detailed information, click here.  Please click here to schedule an appointment to submit an application for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa and follow the instructions.

*Updated October 2018