All routine consular services at the U.S. Embassy – Kinshasa are provided by appointment only to U.S. citizens visiting or residing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. You may schedule an appointment through our online appointment system. We will not accept appointments for routine services via telephone, email or walk-in requests.
Emergency cases (such as medical emergencies, deaths, or arrests involving American citizens) are handled on a walk-in basis. American Citizens who need emergency services are welcome to come during normal U.S. Embassy hours which are Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. For the latest emergency and security messages sent to U.S. citizens enrolled in the STEP Program.
Please note: Applicants are permitted to bring the following optional items to their appointment:
- Supporting documentation for application
- House and/or car keys
- A small bag or purse.
- Applicants who arrive for their appointment carrying prohibited items, which include, but are not limited to, electronics, liquids, sharp objects, food, and large bags or purses, will not be permitted to enter the embassy and risk losing their appointment.
- Don’t miss your appointment – leave prohibited items at home!
- To schedule an appointment for passport services or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA), click here and follow the instructions.
- To schedule an appointment for notarial or additional services, click here and follow the instructions. Contact us at ACSKinshasa@state.gov