The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa is pleased to inform U.S. citizens in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and particularly in Lubumbashi of our upcoming U.S. Citizen Open House
Date: Thursday, November 1, 2018
Time: 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Place: Centre Arrupe pour la Recherche et la Formation 128, Avenue Kilela Balanda (coin Biayi) Commune de Lubumbashi
On the agenda:
- Political overview from U.S. Embassy Kinshasa
- Planning and preparedness recommendations for U.S. citizens
- An overview of consular services available through the U.S. Embassy
- Notarial and passport services, by appointment
Vice Consul Liz Dyrenforth and Assistant Regional Security Officer Noran Tealakh look forward to meeting as many of you as possible. Please feel free to share this invitation with your U.S. citizen friends, families, and co-workers.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP to ACSKinshasa@state.gov. If you would like to schedule a notarial or passport service with a consular officer, please specify your request in your RSVP.
Note that for passport services, applicants should arrange to have their new passports sent to them from the embassy in Kinshasa. This may be set up via private courier, or by bringing a prepaid shipping envelope with airway bill at the time of service.
Requirements for Passport Applications:
- A completed passport application form. You may complete your passport application online, print it, and bring it with you. Please ensure you are using the correct form for your situation. There is a Form Finder tool online that you can use to determine what form you should use. Do not sign your form until you meet with the consular officer.
- Two 5cm by 5cm (2 inches by 2 inches) photos with a white background taken within the last six months.
- A form of payment for the application fee: $110 for an adult renewal, $115 for a child under 16, and $145 for a first-time passport application after the age of 16. We accept only USD. Please bring the exact amount of money as we are unable to make change.