Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, DRC (23 December 2020)
Location: City of Beni, North Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: The United States Embassy in Kinshasa has received credible and specific information of a possible terrorist threat on Christmas Day (December 25, 2020) against churches and other places where non-Muslims congregate in the city of Beni, North Kivu, DRC. We continue to advise U.S. citizens to not travel to North Kivu in the Travel Advisory for the DRC.
Actions to Take:
- Do not travel to North Kivu Province.
- Read the Travel Advisory for the DRC.
- Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends)
- KinshasaUSCitizen@state.gov or ACSKinshasa@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter