Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: In order to stop the spread of COVID-19, the government of the DRC announced a nationwide curfew from 9pm to 5am, beginning Friday, December 18, 2020. No end date has been announced.
Actions to Take:
- For travelers, please check with the airline or your travel agent regarding possible changes in your flight schedule.
- If you are departing the country, you must arrive at the airport prior to 9pm.
- For those arriving in Kinshasa at the airport between 9pm and 5am, the government of the DRC advises that you will be allowed to travel to your hotel or home but must have your boarding pass and ticket with you.
- Read the Travel Advisory for the DRC.
- Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of the Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.