Location: Palais du People, Boulevard Triomphal, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and surrounding area.
Event: An official government event is planned for 11:00 am on Wednesday, October 21. High level government attendance, a large police presence, and heavy traffic conditions are expected.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area or exercise caution if you need to be in the area.
- Avoid crowds.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- KinshasaUSCitizen@state.govor ACSKinshasa@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.