(14 JUNE 22)
Location: Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: The U.S. Embassy Kinshasa advises citizens of reports of ongoing protests in Goma, North Kivu province, that include the use of tear gas and reports of violence. U.S. citizens are advised to exercise extreme caution and defer travel in and through Goma.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 (0)808-363-951 or +243 (0)815-560-151 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.