Location: Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: Please be aware that there are reports of protests and gunshots in Kinshasa today in the area around the Martyrs Stadium. The National Police have responded with tear gas and warning shots.
Actions to Take:
- If you are in Kinshasa, limit your movements.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.