Location: Garamba National Park, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: Armed groups may attack or kidnap foreign nationals in Garamba National Park. We advise U.S. citizens to not travel to Haut-Uele Province in the Travel Advisory for the DRC.
Actions to Take:
- Do not travel to the eastern DRC, including Haut-Uele Province.
- Read the Travel Advisory for the DRC.
- Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.