Event: The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa is working closely with the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo to address a terrorist threat against USG facilities in Kinshasa. The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa will be closed to the public on Monday, December 3.
Actions to Take:
· Maintain a heightened level of vigilance and practice good situational awareness.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· Keep a low profile and notify friends and family of your safety.
· Review the country page and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations.
· U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
(226) 97 261 6144 or (226) 97 261 6145
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates