Event: The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa has been working closely with the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo to address a terrorist threat against U.S. government facilities in Kinshasa. The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa will re-open to the public on Tuesday, December 4. All consular services will be by appointment only.
Actions to Take:
- Maintain a heightened level of vigilance and practice good situational awareness.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile and notify friends and family of your safety.
- Review the country page and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo
(243) 97 261 6144 or (243) 97 261 6145
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444