December 10, 2021
Location: CENI, Boulevard du 30 Juin, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Event: There are reports of planned protest activity today Friday, December 10, at the headquarters of the Commission Electorale Nationale Indépendante (CENI) on Boulevard du 30 Juin. There is increased police presence in the area. The protest activity could spread to other areas.
Actions to take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter