Security Alert for U.S. Citizens: November 26, 2018
Event: The United States Embassy in Kinshasa has credible and specific information of a possible terrorist threat against U.S. Government facilities in Kinshasa. The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa will remain closed to the public on Tuesday November 27th. U.S. citizens in need of emergency services can call 081-556-0151.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. citizens in Kinshasa and throughout the DRC are strongly encouraged to maintain a heightened level of vigilance and practice good situational awareness.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile and notify friends and family of your safety.
- Review the country page and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution and Country Specific Information for the DRC.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa, located at 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, the Consular Section at tel. +243-097-261-6144 or +243-097-261-6145 (Do not dial the zero when calling from abroad) from Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is 081-556-0151.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.