The U.S. Embassy is now accepting ballots for the U.S. Presidential Elections
You can bring your ballot to the main entrance (not the consular entrance) at the U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa, #310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Commune de la Gombe, Kinshasa. There you will find a secure ballot box, accessible Mondays-Thursdays from 7:30AM to 5:30PM and Fridays from 7:30AM to 12:30PM. Note that ballots may take more than one month to arrive in the United States, so please submit your ballot as soon as possible.
Due to COVID-19, individuals may encounter check points upon trying to enter Gombe. Unfortunately, the U.S. Embassy cannot help individuals get through check points.
Register to vote and request your absentee ballot at FVAP.gov now for the states below:
The following states have elections in the next 90 days:
P- Presidential Primary; S- State Primary; D- District Primary; T- Territory Primary
** Denotes a recent change in date
Note: This information is current as of May 1, 2020. Election dates marked with an asterisk are updated and state approved. As further changes may occur, please check the election calendars and state pages at FVAP.gov for real-time information.
June 2020 – 30 Day Notice:
- June 2: **Delaware (P); District of Columbia (P,D); **Indiana (P, S); Iowa (S); **Maryland (P,S); Montana (P,S); New Mexico (P,S); **Pennsylvania (P,S); **Rhode Island (P); South Dakota (P,S)
- June 7: Puerto Rico (P,T)
- June 9: Georgia (P,S); Nevada (S); North Dakota (S); South Carolina (S); **West Virginia (P,S)
- June 20: **Louisiana (P)
- June 23: **Kentucky (P,S); Mississippi (State Primary Runoff); **New York (P,S); North Carolina (Federal Primary Runoff); South Carolina (State Primary Runoff); **Virginia (S)
- June 30: Colorado (S); Oklahoma (S); Utah (S)
July 2020 – 60 Day Notice:
- July 7: **New Jersey (P,S)
- July 14: Alabama (State Primary Runoff); **Maine (S); Texas (State Primary Runoff)
August 2020 – 90 Day Notice:
- August 1: Virgin Islands (T)
- August 4: Arizona (S); Kansas (S); Michigan (S); Missouri (S); Washington (S)
- August 6: Tennessee (S)
- August 8: **Hawaii (S)
- August 11: **Connecticut (P,S); Georgia (State Primary Runoff); Minnesota (S); Vermont (S); Wisconsin (S)
- August 18: Alaska (S); Florida (S); Wyoming (S)
- August 25: Oklahoma (State Primary Runoff)
- August 29: Guam (S)
COVID-19 ELECTION UPDATE – FVAP is working closely with state election offices, the Military Postal Service Agency, the Department of State and other federal agencies to bring you up-to-date information on state election date changes and mailing delays. The FVAP.gov/COVID-19 page will provide updates and links to state-specific COVID-19 election impacts.
To register and request your ballot, fill out the FPCA using FVAP’s easy online assistant. You may also use the fillable PDF or pick up a hard copy version from a Voting Assistance Officer on your installation or at the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate’s American Citizen Services Office.
FVAP recommends that all military members and their eligible family members who are currently away from their voting jurisdiction, as well as U.S. citizens overseas, who have recently changed their address to send in a new FPCA to ensure receipt of absentee ballots for all federal office elections in this election year.
Not voting in the states listed above? Find your state’s primary election dates on the FVAP.gov/guide/appendix/state-elections website. To find your state’s election website for specific information on candidates, elections, contact information, and links to your local election offices, visit our contact page.