February 22, 2022
Location: Democratic Republic of Congo, countrywide
The government of the Democratic Republic of Congo has updated its COVID-19 restrictions. Fully vaccinated travelers no longer require a COVID-19 test to enter DRC, provided they have proof of vaccination. The same measure applies to travelers fully vaccinated traveling within the DRC. A negative PCR test is still required to depart the DRC, regardless of vaccination status.
Travelers are still subject to the COVID-19 requirements of all cities, airports, and airlines involved in their travel plans.
Additionally, the government has lifted the nightly curfew except in areas designated as being part of the “state of siege.”
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for country-specific information related to COVID-19.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.
- Visit the U.S. Embassy Kinshasa webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter