Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: COVID-19 vaccine available at Kinshasa locations in the DRC.
The DRC launched its COVID-19 vaccination campaign on April 19. Vaccinations are currently prioritized for the following groups: (1) Health professionals and frontline social workers; (2) Persons suffering comorbidities (chronic kidney disease, hypertension, diabetes); (3) Persons aged 55 and older.
Vaccines are available at the following locations in Kinshasa at this stage in the campaign. People interested in receiving the vaccine should contact a location directly for details and to request an appointment.
- Centre Medical Diamant – CMD vaccine registration link
- HJ Hospital
- Medecin des Nuits
- Hopital des Nations Unies (12 Av des Aviateurs, Kinsasa – Gombe)
- Cliniques Universitaires Kinshasa
- Clinique Ngaliema
- Centre Medical de Kinshasa
- Centre Hospitalier Monkole
- Hopital Sino-Congolais
- CSR Vijana
- Hopital Saint Joseph
Local Health Information Resources:
- The DRC government maintains a Twitter and Facebook account to share information about COVID-19 in DRC. You may follow these accounts or subscribe for daily updates.
- INRB COVID-19 Testing Website
- DRC Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website
- DRC Ministry of Health Twitter
- Local health care providers
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for latest guidance on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your medical evacuation insurance on options should you fall ill overseas.
- Visit the Embassy’s Medical Assistance page to find medical provider information in the DRC.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the DRC.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our COVID FAQs Search Tool.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- KinshasaUSCitizen@state.gov or ACSKinshasa@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter