Location: Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: Special Commercial Flight to Washington, D.C. April 9
All U.S. citizens who want to depart the DRC are strongly encouraged to take the special commercial flight from Kinshasa to Washington, D.C. on April 9 arranged by the U.S. Embassy for U.S. citizens and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents. There are no plans for future flights at this time.
You should purchase tickets in the next 24 hours to confirm your seat. Tickets cost $1831 for coach and $3550 for business class.
Ground transportation from residences/hotels will be provided as Kinshasa will be under confinement orders. Travelers will be responsible for onward travel from Washington Dulles Airport (IAD) or stays in the Washington, D.C. area.
If you already received the flight details and payment instructions by email, you do not need to send your information to us again. Contact the travel agency directly as instructed in the email to purchase seats immediately before seats sell out.
If you have not sent us your information and are interested in this flight option, please send the following for each member of your family to KinshasaUSCitizen@state.gov. Only approved travelers on our list may purchase tickets.
- Your full name as spelled in your passport (SURNAME, Given Name)
- Current phone number and WhatsApp number
- Email address
- Date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Passport number, date of issuance, date of expiration. If not a U.S. passport, please note country of issuance.
- Current location (city, country, hotel name if not in residence)
- Health condition and special considerations
- Number of U.S. citizens in your party. Please note any non-U.S. citizen immediate family members seeking to travel with you.
- DRC visa status (i.e. valid until MM/DD/YYYY)
- Employer or affiliation within DRC
Please attach a scan or photo of the bio-page of the passport and, if applicable, LPR card for each traveler. Non-citizen family members must send a scan of a valid U.S. LPR card or visa to be considered for the flight.
If you are a non-U.S. citizen parent of a U.S. citizen child, please tell us if the non-U.S. citizen parent has appropriate travel documentation to enter the U.S. (i.e. valid U.S. visa, valid LPR card). If the non-U.S. citizen parent does not have travel documentation, please identify an adult who can travel with the U.S. citizen child.
Note: This information will continue to be sent regularly for the benefit of new enrollees in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP.)
Actions to Take
- Prepare for long periods of confinement. Maintain stocks of food, supplies, and medicine.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Embassy’s Medical Assistance page to find medical provider information in the DRC.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the DRC.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.