April 19, 2021
Location: Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: Updated DRC COVID-19 curfew information and arrival requirements.
Updated Curfew Information: The following provinces have a curfew in place from 10:00 pm to 4:00 am: Kinshasa, North Kivu, South Kivu, Kongo Central, Lualaba, Haut-Katanga. As of April 13, the curfew is lifted entirely in all other provinces.
Entering the DRC: All passengers must register with the official DRC INRB website three days prior to entering the country at www.inrbcovid.com. The system will create a QR code that must be presented upon arrival. You may pay the fee online or upon arrival at the airport. Negative COVID-19 PCR test results are still required to enter and depart the country as well as travel domestically between provinces. Upon arrival, travelers age 11 and older are required to receive another COVID-19 test at Kinshasa’s N’djili airport. Visit our COVID-19 Information page for more details.
Local Health Information Resources:
- The DRC government maintains a Twitter and Facebook account to share information about COVID-19 in DRC. You may follow these accounts or subscribe for daily updates.
- INRB COVID-19 Testing Website
- DRC Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 website
- DRC Ministry of Health phone numbers: 101, 109, 110 and WhatsApp +243 8443 4444
- DRC Ministry of Health Twitter
- Local health care providers
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for latest guidance on COVID-19.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your medical evacuation insurance on options should you fall ill overseas.
- Visit the Embassy’s Medical Assistance page to find medical provider information in the DRC.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the DRC.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our COVID FAQs Search Tool.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- KinshasaUSCitizen@state.gov or ACSKinshasa@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter