Demonstration Alert: U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, DRC (November 17, 2020)
Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: A march is planned for Wednesday November 18, 2020 in Kinshasa. The march is expected to start at 09:00 am near the Tour de l’Echangeur in Limete, proceed through Boulevard Lumumba, Boulevard Triomphal, the Kimpwanza roundabout, and end at the Terrain de Football d’Assossa in Kasa-Vuba. U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid the area if possible and be alert.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of the potential for increased traffic and police presence.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- KinshasaUSCitizen@state.gov or ACSKinshasa@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.