Location: Blvd Triomphal, by Palais du Peuple and Stade des Martyrs, Gombe, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: There is a planned demonstration starting at 12:00 noon. U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid the area. Even protest activity that starts peaceful can become confrontational quickly.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area on Boulevard Triomphal.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- KinshasaUSCitizen@state.gov or ACSKinshasa@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.