Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place July 23 beginning as early as 07:00 am at the intersection of Boulevards Lumumba and Sendwe in the commune of Kasa-Vubu. Demonstration activity may not be limited to this area. Previous protests resulted in clashes between security forces and protesters.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid the areas while the demonstrations are ongoing.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations and crowds.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- KinshasaUSCitizen@state.gov or ACSKinshasa@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.