Location: 30 June Blvd opposite SOZACOM, near the USAID/Mobil Building, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: There are reports of a demonstration that includes burning tires and police using tear gas to disperse the crowds.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter