Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: The U.S. Embassy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is aware of an event that will take place at the Stade de Martyrs in Kinshasa on Saturday, April 29. U.S. Citizens are advised to avoid the area around the stadium as there could be police and/or military roadblocks, heavy traffic, and increased police presence.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. citizens are reminded that demonstrations have the potential to turn violent with little to no warning, and they are advised to avoid large gatherings, protests, and affected areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.