Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: The U.S. Embassy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has received reports of potential civil society demonstrations between Tuesday, November 8, and Saturday, November 12, 2022. U.S. Citizens are advised to avoid the below mentioned areas as there could be police and/or military roadblocks, heavy traffic, and increased police presence.
- On Tuesday, November 8, civil society groups plan to assemble at Gare Centrale and march by the U.S. Embassy, MONUSCO headquarters, and the Rwandan Embassy.
- On Wednesday, November 9, there will be a possible demonstration at the U.S. Embassy and MONUSCO headquarters.
- On Saturday, November 12, civil society groups plan to assemble at the Palais du Peuple and march on Boulevard Triomphal. We advise you to use alternate routes if traveling to N’djili Airport.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. citizens are reminded that demonstrations have the potential to turn violent with little to no warning, and they are advised to avoid large gatherings, protests, and affected areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.