Location: CENI Headquarters, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa is aware of a current political demonstration at the Commission Electorale Nationale Independante (CENI) headquarters currently taking place on Boulevard du 30 Juin. U.S. Citizens in Kinshasa should expect to see an increased police presence and heavy traffic around CENI headquarters.
Actions to Take:
- U.S. citizens are reminded that demonstrations have the potential to turn violent with little-to-no warning, and they are advised to avoid large gatherings, protests, and affected areas.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.