Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Event: Planned Protest March in Kinshasa on June 25, 2022
There is planned demonstration for Saturday, June 25, 2022, at 10:00 am in Kinshasa. The demonstration may include a march starting from Masina/Pascal in Tshangu, proceeding towards Boulevard Lumumba, and ending at the Palais du Peuple on Triomphal Boulevard. U.S. citizens are reminded that demonstrations have the potential to turn violent with little to no warning. Heavy traffic conditions to and from Ndjili airport and an increased police presence should be expected.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 808-363-951 or +243 815-560-151 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.