Location: U.S. Embassy Kinshasa and U.S. government facilities in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC)
Event: Possible demonstrations are planned for Wednesday, July 20, 2022 beginning at 9:00am in front of the U.S. Embassy in Kinshasa and other U.S. government facilities in Kinshasa. Increased traffic and police presence are likely. U.S. citizens are reminded that demonstrations have the potential to turn violent with little to no warning and are advised to avoid large gatherings, protests, and affected areas.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter