Location: Various locations, Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Event: There are reports of two different demonstrations taking place in Kinshasa. There is a large gathering of individuals on motorcycles at the Palais de la Nation in Gombe. There is a heavy police presence, and some movement is restricted. There is also a violent demonstration taking place in the areas of UPN Circle, Mbudi, and Pompage, to the south and southwest of Gombe.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 310 Avenue des Aviateurs, Kinshasa/Gombe, +243 81-556-0151/0152 or +243-972-616-193 (after hours and weekends).
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Democratic Republic of Congo Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter