Following are guidelines for different ways of doing business in / with the United States:
- Invest in the United States
The US Department of Commerce, through the SelectUSA program, provides all you need to know when thinking about investing in the United States.
- Export Promotion in the United States
- Through its network with the US Commercial Service and commercial specialists in more than 100 U.S. cities and 71 countries, the US Department of Commerce assists US firms in their export endeavors. Following are strategies deployed by US Commercial Service to promote US exports worldwide:
- New Global Buyers Initiative helps US small and medium sized businesses reach more markets and sell more products and services overseas.
- International Buyer Program (IBP) helps international buyers locate US products, services and business partners; meet suppliers and partners face-to-face; and participate in trade shows that feature thousands of US companies.
- Commercial News USA is a bimonthly magazine published by the US Commercial Service for an international audience. The magazine helps American exporters find buyers, distributors, agents and representatives worldwide. It dispatches to more than 400,000 readers worldwide. The magazine is also found online at http://www.thinkglobal.us/. For a copy of the magazine you can also Contact the Commercial Assistant of the US Embassy Kinshasa at KaoziEN@state.gov
For more information about the United States export promotion, please visit http://www.buyusa.gov/ .
Note: The US Departments of Commerce and State work together on a program called The National Export Initiative (NEI), which aims to stimulate economic growth in the USA through U.S. exports. This program is an effort by the U.S Government to double US exports and create two million jobs for Americans.